Eat your greens - Leafy greens are packed full of essential vitamins which help regulate your body’s digestive system and increases the body’s energy system.
- Spinach, broccoli, kale, cabbage, swiss chard and beet greens are classed as leafy greens. They contain vitamins such as:
- Fibre - brilliant for a healthy gut, helps keep you “regular”.
- Vitamin B - particularly B9&12 which is folate, essential during pregnancy as it helps multiply and repair DNA.
- Vitamin K - is used by the body to help blood clot, it is also used for controlling calcium - bonding it to bones.
- Calcium - needed for healthy, strong bones and teeth. It also helps the body send and receive nerve cell signals.
I could honestly go on and on. What’s your favourite leafy green? Or do you have a favourite dish?
Fred’s is Jamie Oliver's green spaghetti!! But he will also settle for a chewy plastic funnel.